Many people focus on the full moon and all the strange or wonderful changes we see and feel at that time. The full moon is the ‘Mother Goddess’ of the moon phases, which means that it is the full fruition point; the time when changes you have put into place are blossoming and giving fruit.
The New Moon is spectacularly overlooked and yet, it is the most powerful time for planting your new wishes and confirming affirmations. A wonderful book on this subject is “New Moon Astrology; The Secret of Astronomical Timing to Make All Your Dreams Come True,” by Jan Spiller.
New Moon Power
Jan Spiller helps us to understand the significance of the New Moon ‘wishing power’ and reminds us that this phase of the moon is the ‘Maiden Goddess,’ for new beginnings and fresh starts.
Today, April 7th, is the New Moon, and Spiller suggests that we make our wishes within 48 hours of the New Moon, for full strength potency. Astrologically, the New Moon is in Aries, and that astrology sign’s qualities are enhanced during this time.
How to Set Your Wish Intentions
As we excitedly set up our wishes for this New Moon cycle, Spiller has some suggestions for us.
- Know that your wishes can be for any length of time; one month, 6 months, 1 year
- Make your wishes within 48 hours of the activation of the New Moon energy
- Try to keep your list of wishes under ten individual wish statements
- If you focus a couple of your wishes in one area, you increase the power of that wish intention
- Do not combine more than one focus in a single wish statement (quit fatty foods and start exercising – not recommended to have two focuses in one wish)
- WRITE them down and keep them in your New Moon Journal
- You can use condition words like “easily,” “gracefully,” “quickly,” etc. in your descriptions of wish intents
- Her favorite sentences begin with, “I want to easily find myself…” finish with desired situation (enjoying exercise daily; embracing a next, better job)
- To take negative traits OUT, Spiller suggests using words like, “I want all inner resistance to ____ totally lifted from me,” or “I want all impatience totally lifted from me,” for example.
- Use what you know are the qualities of the Astrological sign the New Moon is in at the time to enhance those qualities in your life
ARIES New Moon Today
Since today is an Aries New Moon, let’s look at what types of qualities we could enhance:
Aries (the Ram) are known for (positive qualities):
- Fearlessness and taking risks
- New trail blazer
You could choose to focus on enhancing and attracting more of these positive qualities into your life experience.
Aries (the Ram) are known for (negative qualities):
You could choose to eliminate these negative qualities by statements that release and lift these qualities from your inner being.
Explore and be honest with yourself, and I am confident you will discover powerful New Moon wish intentions that, once planted in your subconscious/conscious minds and with Cosmic Universe assistance enlisted – will lead you to graceful and dynamic changes over the next few months and years.